Events and Activities
Family Day at Mathaf
Saturday, 8 April 2017 | 2– 5pm
In Collaboration with UCL Qatar
Shaping colours and Colouring shapes
Drop in for a fun family day exploring colours and shapes through creative activities.
Visit the DIA AL-AZZAWI: A RETROSPECTIVE exhibition and draw ideas and inspirations to create your own artworks by painting, collaging, and sculpting.
RSVP by Friday 7 April 2017 to email address:
Creative Conversation for Artists
Tuesday, 11 April, 2017 | 4 – 6 pm
Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art
Creative Conversation for Artists is a program that provides the space for communication and networking among artists in Qatar from different age groups and experiences to show case their work and latest projects in the community. It aims to bring artists together to participate and talk about their careers and practices in the art field.
Through individual presentations, artists will have the chance to come close and to discuss the artistic developments, sources of inspiration and the difficulties and challenges they face as artists.
We invite you on the second Tuesday of every month for a creative conversation at Mathaf.
- All you have to do is register, submit your profiles and prepare a presentation
- No more than 5 slides for the presentation
- Provide your presentation on a USB key one day before (April 10)
- Each artist has 10 minutes to present their work
- Be as creative as you would like to be in your presentation
Join us share your art and thoughts
Storytime at Mathaf
Saturday, March 18, 2017
11 am –1 pm
Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art
This program, in collaboration with Maktaba Children’s Library, gives the opportunity to families with young children to explore art through storytelling and explore storytelling through art. In this session we will explore a new theme based on Dia al-Azzawi: A Retrospective Exhibition through reading, artwork analysis, and playful in-gallery activities.
About the program:
• Monthly sessions, held on Saturdays from 11am – 1pm
• For children ages 4-9 years old and their families
• Offered in English and Arabic
• Sessions alternate between Mathaf in Education City and Al-Riwaq near the Museum of Islamic Art
• Registration is required for each session
To register, click here.
Mathaf for Teachers 2017
Session 5: Art & Science
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art (Education City, Qatar Foundation)
This session will focus on applying Science curriculum in creative ways within the Gallery and Workshop spaces. The integration of Visual Arts and Science will be explored through several viewing strategies and art making. The workshop will provide a space to discuss, differentiate and collaborate on teaching and exploring Science concepts.
To register, click here
For more information, contact us!
About Mathaf for Teachers:
In these free monthly sessions teachers and museums educators come together to foster creative teaching and learning. Offered in English and Arabic, teachers of any grade level and subject area from any school in Qatar are invited to join us to explore object-based learning in the museum galleries, discuss issues related to education in Qatar, share curriculum and teaching strategies, and become inspired by art and artists.
Sessions are alternating between Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art (in Education City( and Qatar Museums Gallery, Al-Riwaq )near the Museum of Islamic Art) for our latest exhibition Dia al-Azzawi: A Retrospective.
Art Lessons at Mathaf with Ismael Azzam
Every Sunday and Wednesday
Manara – Education Space at Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art
Join artist Ismael Azzam for a new season of Art Lessons at Mathaf and learn techniques in portraiture drawing using pencil and charcoal and paint.
- Lessons are offered to people with basic to intermediate sketching and drawing skills
- Each participant must bring their own sketch book (see samples below)
- Participants may also be asked to sit in as a model to have their portraits done
- Admission is free. Seats are limited
- To register click here