Planning Your School Visit
The format of guided visits includes intensive conversations around three to four artworks in the museum. We believe that students need multiple ways to experience an artwork; therefore, we include activities such as writing, drawing, and small group conversations as part of our plans. The visit can be tailored to connect with your needs depending on what subject(s) do you teach, what are students currently studying, or what have students studied, that you hope will be enhanced by a museum visit.
Guided visits are available in English or Arabic.
Booking Your Visit
Please contact us to discuss the best dates and times for your visit. Visits are generally scheduled between 8am to 11am on weekdays. The museum is closed on Monday.
The museum is able to accommodate two groups of up to 25 students. We require that a teacher (and chaperone if possible) attend and support the visit. We cannot accept groups without a prior booking.
Please carefully read the pre-post visit activities guide with your class.
- Mathaf is located at the edge of Education City off of Al-Luqta Street. Please check the location map for possible traffic diversions.
- Buses can drop off and pick up at the gate or park onsite.
- We have lockers where students can store belongings.
- The museum provides all materials necessary for activities such as pencils and paper
- You can order food from the Mathaf café, or students can bring their own packed lunch. Kindly notify us in advance if you are planning on having lunch after the visit. The café is open from 11am -6pm.
- Photography of the artwork is not permitted.
- Group shots in the galleries by permission
- We ask that students do not bring cameras or smart phones into the galleries during tours.
- We sometime record school visits which may be used in various publications. We will request your approval before use.